Fat for most of the people is just the hanging portion in your belly area. You do everything to get rid of it. You just want that portion of the body to look “FLAT” not knowing what it actually means. If you search for “get rid of belly fat”, you will find that there are almost thousands of searches every month. So, today we will discuss some facts about body fat in this post.
Body Fat and Types
Just before you can tell fat is good or bad, there are 3 types of body fat. They come in different colors with respective functions. White, brown and beige are the color. All these have specific function in body.
White fat is the most common and what we call it useless fat. We want to get rid of is this layer of fat. White fat is just the excess of food that is stored by the body. It doesn’t have any specific function rather than just storing energy.
Brown fat is the fat that actually helps in burning calories and can help in fat loss. Brown fat is utilized by some of the animals to maintain the body temperature to keep them warm. Unfortunately, even though it has calorie burning property, it is very less in amount in humans.
Beige fat is the one in between. It is metabolically active than white but not much as brown. It sits between them. Researchers are searching ways to convert these white fat into beige through supplement, diet and medication. It will help in fat burning. There are certain exercises that trigger hormones that can convert white into beige.
Also Read: Deficit Calories to Lose Weight
Facts About Body Fat
There are many facts about the body fat. We are fooled by the information that we have around us. Some of the facts about the body fat are as below.
- Only a specific diet will work: It is a complete fooling fact. There are tons of diet plans out there which can help you get your ideal body fat. Every body is different so you never know, one working for you might just be opposite to others.
- Abs exercise will reduce fat: If you think so, you are in great myth. Working abs will just tone the muscle, it has nothing to do with belly fat reduction. Rather, excessive crunches and in bad form will give you back problems. If you are relatively thin, it will tone your abs to look better.
- Less fat intake means fat loss: It is both true and hoax. While not eating fat much will reduce caloric intake and result in fat loss, not taking quality fat will skip you from benefits. Right kind of dietary fat will help you in your fat loss.
- Belly fat is dangerous than other area: Belly area has all your vital organs. Fat in this area increases the chances of heart diseases. The fat surrounds your vital organs and clogging these organs will affect the health of your heart.
- Exercises burn fat: To be precise and clear, exercises don’t burn fat. You burn calories first, then fat. That is why the first step is caloric deficit in fat loss. So, create a caloric deficit and exercises by not just HIIT or cardio, but some heavy lifting. This in turn will help burn excess fat after you have burned your calories.
- Spot reduce fat: You cannot spot reduce fat. It just ain’t happening. If someone tells you this, don’t believe. Fat comes and goes altogether. It is difficult to reduce fat in lower area of belly, but it will eventually go away with proper diet and exercise.
Hence, these are few of the facts about body fat. Some of the facts you might be familiar with and some you have just come across for the first time. It is easier to snack on fast foods than to maintain a healthy diet. It will be hard at first, but not impossible. Follow these facts about the body fat to know how wrong or right you were.